Customer service is a critical component of any successful business. Customer service officers act as the bridge between customers and your business, fielding a broad range of enquiries. With this in mind, it is essential for your customer service agents to be effective communicators, understand how to build and maintain professional relationships, provide accurate and helpful information to customers and other employees, and be excellent problem solvers. And this is where our Customer Service Recruitment can help!
A customer service officer’s primary role is to solve customer problems, treating every customer with respect while addressing issues calmly and openly. When a customer indicates there is an issue, it is the customer service agent’s role to listen carefully, noting any concerns and to provide a swift solution. Customer service officer responsibilities include:
- Providing product and services information for new and existing customers
- Fielding enquiries by phone/email, recording contact details, and noting actions taken
- Managing customer accounts and ensuring contact information is current
- Receiving and resolving customer complaints
- Assisting the sales team with customer orders
- Handling orders, payment and billing information
- Organising product deliveries and returns
The Rise of Professional Customer Service Officers
As business practices become more streamlined, open and refined, we are witnessing the emergence of a new style of customer service advisors, working across multiple platforms ie. phone, email, live-chat, Messenger, Twitter, and various other social platforms where engagement is high.