Our executive & personal assistants recruitment consultants in Melbourne take the hard work out of searching for high-quality executive and personal assistants. Top-tier executive assistants are one of the most valuable investments a company can make, and our team maintains relationships with an extensive pool of talented executive assistants and personal assistants.
While executive assistant roles are different in every business, they share some fundamental tasks and responsibilities. Discretion is a must, as is the ability to schedule upcoming tasks and appointments in an efficient manner.
Executive assistants are the organisational arm of your executive team, safeguarding their time and organising your team for peak productivity.
Our Melbourne recruiters spend one-on-one time with potential executive assistants, establishing their strengths and weaknesses and ascertaining which role will make the best use of their abilities. We also see it as vital that your executives are matched with complementary personality types, and staff who will contribute to company culture.
Find Highly-Skilled Personal Assistants in Melbourne
Need dedicated secretarial or administrative support personnel for your management team? Assigning the right personal assistant will help senior managers or executives better manage their time and be more productive.
A good personal assistant will manage complex diaries for senior executives and management personnel, arrange travel and schedule meetings. They will also be responsible for screening calls and visitors, provide administrative support and prepare business and finance reports.
What are the Duties of Executive & Personal Assistant's?
The duties of executive and personal assistants vary from company to company, as each company has different administrative and support needs.
The general duties of an executive assistant involve a combination of administrative and managerial responsibilities, whereas personal assistants (PA) carries out administrative duties on behalf of one individual – typically a manager or an executive.
Executive Assistant Duties
Executive assistants support the needs of business executives. Here is how the duties of executive assistants differentiate from that of personal assistants:
- Scheduling meetings and engagements, and ensuring there are no scheduling conflicts
- Office management – managing the work of clerical and administrative employees, maintaining office supply inventory and ensuring the smooth functioning of the office
- Communicating information to the executive leadership team
- Administration – screen phone calls, organise mail, summarise reports
- Prepare information for internal and external distribution – letters, data reports, presentations, transcribing, proofreading, editing, etc.
- Maintaining electronic and paper company records
- Data analysis using computing and critical thinking skills, and create reports which identify any core concerns
- Maintain discretion and confidentiality in the knowledge of protected information
Personal Assistant Duties
PA’s assist with relieving their manager or executive from administrative tasks. In this way, the manager or executive is able to focus on the core strategic needs of the business. The duties of PA’s generally include:
- Acting as the point of contact for the manager or executive
- Managing schedules, organising meetings and scheduling appointments
- Booking transport and accommodation
- Setting up conferences
- Keeping track of important tasks and deadlines
- Administration – maintaining administrative systems, preparing reports and presentations, managing databases and filing
- Communicating with staff and clients
- General office support – performing research, completing legal reporting, handling expense admin, etc.
Roles We Specialise In
Speak with our recruitment experts today.
What are interpersonal skills? Interpersonal skills definition states that these are skills that people use in order to communicate and work with others. Whether you’re looking for a job or climbing up the ladder, you’ll realise that these skills are important to have. There are hundreds of interpersonal skills, most of which depend on […]
Job seekers look for employment based on a number of different criteria. They may organise their search by location, company values, flexible schedule, or growth opportunities. Regardless of other priorities, salary negotiations are always a consideration when making a move to a new career possibility. Listed below are the top 20 highest paying jobs in […]
When you are applying for a job, employers typically want to see a resume and a cover letter. The purpose of a cover letter is to essentially introduce yourself and make yourself stand out above the other applicants. Knowing how to write a cover letter is imperative to give yourself the best shot at the […]